Friday, April 27, 2012

Chicago is...

My kind of town.

At almost 8 months old, we thought, Oh my gosh! Have we let Liam get this far without having yet to have been on a plane? By 8 months, Wyatt had already been to Chicago and back twice! So, we packed up the boys, and what felt to be about a million things that seems to accompany them and we hopped on a four hour flight to the Windy City to reconnect with our home away from home.
This little So.Cal family went urban!

About a block form our apartment. I had to stop and capture this moment. My little men in the big city.


Elation at the "L" Station. 
Got a 3 year old you need to entertain? Hop on the "L". Seriously, the best $2.50 you can spend in the city. The Brown Line to The Loop. Quick stop to get a cookie, and then cruise the streets.


State Street.
 That Great Street. 
I just want to say, they do things there they don't do on Broadway!
(One of my favorite images of the city...and Frank Sinatra lyrics.)

Michigan Avenue.
How do I love thee? Count the ways, I shall try. But, I don't think the best counter has yet counted so high.

Raising Some Ruckus at the John Hancock

Our view of the City-Sears Tower and All


"I saw a man, he danced with his wife, in Chicago."

What a town!




This is how I roll in this town.

You have not truly experienced the magic of deep dish pizza until you have spent some time at Pizzeria Due!

A Quiet Moment at the Children's Museum

1 comment:

  1. I miss you guys so much! It's ridiculous. Your pictures + recent trip to Philadelphia inspire me to take that PhD goal of mine to an urban setting...

    Anyways, looks like a lot of fun and everyone looks so happy - that's the most important thang :-D

    ReplyDelete