Saturday, November 20, 2010

Year 10-The Year of Tin/Aluminum?

Pete and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary this past September. I feel so fortunate to have spent the last decade of my life with such a good, kind-hearted, and adventurous man. It's a reassuring feeling when you can look at the person you've spent nearly 1/3 of your life with and be able to say to yourself, "That was a good decision!"

Interested to find out the "traditional" wedding gift that honors 10 years of commitment, I discovered it was to be something made of tin or aluminum. Tin or Aluminum?!? I felt a little ripped off. Nine years is leather. That at least warrants a cool pair of boots or a new car with leather seats-but tin/aluminum? So I read up on this tin business and found the following...

"The pliability of tin and aluminum is a symbol of how a successful marriage needs to be flexible and durable and how it can be bent without being broken." OK. Clever.
But, I really liked the idea of tin/aluminum, when Pete told me the majority of an airplane is made of aluminum-hence, our trip to France last summer.

So, here's to being pliable and making good decisions.
(the 11th year anniversary gift is steel...isn't the Eiffel Tower made of steel?
Bon Voyage???)

1 comment:

  1. Well we all know that dad has always appreciated aluminum. It does make for nice curtains. Or as a blanket on a cold night. New addition to your lovely home?

    ReplyDelete