Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Cruise Up The Road


"The best way to honor the memory of someone is to live your life fully." A little advice from Henry Miller-pertinent to my life right about now. 

So-here I am. Living my life to the fullest.


Nothing like a trip up the coast to clear the mind.
Little Sister finished grad school, so we packed up the family caravan and made our way up the California coast. Our destination was the former stomping grounds of John Steinbeck.  
Oh,Monterey.
You are a beauty! Ever since our return, I've been brainstorming ways that we could relocate our brood up to that beautiful town.
I'll let you know what plans I come up with... 


I want to live in this picture!



 With the kids in Grandma's hands, we headed out to Restaurant 1883. All sorts of delish!


...and debauchery.(Welcome back to absinthe. It's gotten a heck of a lot fancier since my days in Czech.)






Hooray, little sister!



Is there anything more beautiful than the California coast? 
If you are ever in need of truly being at peace with the memory of someone, this is the place to come. 
Big Sur. Big Love.


Revisiting the place where it all started, Big Sur-where Pete laid it on the line and proposed. This time, we had some kiddies to share the beauty with. 





 And no family vacation is complete without a black eye. That's right, that's a shiner. My first! Pretty exciting! 



 Spending some time by the Big Sur River

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love seeing all your pics. I have been so buried, but summer is almost here. Let's definitely get together! :)))

    ReplyDelete