Saturday, August 14, 2010

A New Adventure

This summer Pete, Wyatt, and I were fortunate enough to take our first family vacation. The best part, was that it was to France. I have to say, I was expecting it to be pretty great, but truly, the whole experience blew us away. It went beyond any expectation either of us had.

We spent the first part of our trip visiting Chamonix-Mont Blanc. Pete thought he had died and gone to heaven. He was so in his element. It was pretty nice to see that. We toured the town and surrounding areas, hiked in the Alps, and Pete got to go climbing with a guide he met from Sweden (who had a strange resemblance to Vincent Van Gogh).

The second half of our trip was spent in Provence. Absolutely beautiful! Everywhere you looked you were in the company of something beautiful- olive groves, vineyards, and oh the lavender! As for the architecture, the saying holds true...they just don't build them like they used to!

I think the best part was introducing Wyatt to something Pete and I hold close to our hearts...travelling.

I think Henry Miller summed it up pretty well when he said, "Travelling is never a destination, but a new way of seeing things." Voila! I hope that our little Wyatt will one day feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment